I am a Real Estate Broker in the Eugene/Springfield area, and I want to not only find you a
home, but I want to find you a community! Right now I am on the hunt to find all of the places I can to exercise in the area and to let you know the great things about them!
Today took me to 9Round in Springfield Oregon. At 9Round you go through 9 stations at 3 minutes a piece with active breaks between each station. By active breaks I mean such things as squats, lunges, calf raises, etc. The personal trainer keeps you moving through the stations, makes sure you are performing the moves correctly, and motivates you to power through. They do all of this in a supportive and upbeat manner. A bonus is that they have a free introductory lesson!
The personal trainers explain each of the different moves so you can confidently do them, and they watch over you the whole time, making sure the moves are done in a manner that will give you the most benefit.
The full body workout is quick, in a great facility, with supportive and friendly staff. Each workout is unique, so you never get bored or reach stagnation. But for today, I did the following stations to give you an idea of what the workouts are like:
- Station 1 – jump rope
- Station 2 – Squat kicks while holding an 8 lb ball
- Station 3 – Working on Jabs and Crosses against a double-end bag (they have you wear gloves)
- Station 4 – Front kicks against a heavy bag
- Station 5 – Upper cuts against a bag
- Station 6 – Side kicks against a bag
- Station 7 – Knee kicks against a horizontal bag/ shin kicks against the same bag
- Station 8 – Speed bag
- Station 9 – V sit-ups, where you are in a sit-up position with a 10 lb ball over your head, and then you sit up so the ball goes up, one foot comes up, and they touch.
They made me sweat, they made me laugh, they let me try things I had never done before! A great experience I would recommend to just about anyone!
What other exercises should I try? What is your favorite?